01 October 2019
BIAFORM POLAND: HIGH QUALITY PLYWOOD SINCE 1919
Plywood manufacture in the current location dates back to the year 1919. It began in a former cloth factory of the Hasbach family. What promoted the establishment of the factory was the proximity of forests abounding in wood and the demand for plywood, growing on world markets.
The Białystok plywood makers had the first successes even in 1926, when the company’s products began to be perceived high quality products not only in Poland but also in other countries. Over the next years, the company continued the development of export to North America and Western Europe.
During the WWII, the plant was destroyed. It was rebuilt after the war and resumed manufacture in 1948. The factory kept adjusting to economic changes and trends, successfully developing its manufacture. Political and economic changes occurring in the country at the turn of 1980s and 1990s also influenced the company’s history. In 1994, it was transformed into a company wholly owned by the State Treasury, and in 2002 it was privatized.
The company still ensures the high quality of plywood, which has been its distinctive feature since the beginning of the century.
For more information contact Mr Bartosz Kamil Bezubik, President of Management Board:
Ul. Dojlidy Fabriczne 24
PL 15-566 BIALYSTOK / Poland
Tel. +48 (85) 7407910
Fax +48 (85) 7407901