ATIBT Forum from the 11th to the 16th November in Belem
For 25 years ATIBT has been organising a Forum every two years, either in a producing or in an importing country. The aim is always the same: to develop new technical and business contacts between the ATIBT network and the participants from the host country.
Why a Forum in Brazil in 2007 ?
Brazil an important tropical wood producer for European markets. Its products are almost entirely locally processed. Brazil has a strong impact on the international timber supply.
Belém, the capital of the state of Pará, is the economic center of the North region at the mouth of the Amazon. The city’s prosperity was for a long time due to the rubber’s trade. Today Belém is the Brazilian capital for tropical wood’s trade.
6 days to understand Brazilian stakes: making new contacts with this continent by developing (between others) more relations with Brazilian associations, showing the local processing industry to the ATIBT members, these are the overall objectives that ATIBT would like to reach in this 2007 Forum in Belém.
Africa is also deeply engaged in sustainable forest management going in Brazil, the Forum will be the opportunity to share expriences and better understand the stakes of one and another in terms of sustainable forest management.
A custom made program with 4 days of industrial visits and 2 days of conferences from 11 to 16 November which includes:
* 11 and 12 November at Santarém (State of Pará, West Belém) for forest, industry and tourist visits.
* 13 and 14 November at Belém (State of Pará) for industry visits.
* 15 and 16 November at Belém (Hilton) for talks / discussions on :
1. Sustainable Management in Africa and South America. A review will be made on the certification of the tropical forest areas.
2. Energy valorisation of waste material (in particular co-generation) with the participation of specialists.
3. Industrialization in Africa and South America.
Registrations are open to everyone interested in the tropical timber industry.
Registration form, detailed program and hotel reservation form are available on request in English, Portuguese and French at email@example.com