10 November 2020
VDMA_GERMANY: HÜLLMANN SUCCEEDS PAASIVAARA, BOARD SIGNIFICANTLY STRENGTHENED
The board of the VDMA Woodworking Machinery Association will have a new chairman from next January: Markus Hüllmann (G. Kraft Maschinenbau GmbH, Rietberg) was elected as successor to Pekka Paasivaara (Homag Group AG, Schopfloch) from January 1, 2021 at the autumn meeting of the board. The general assembly, which took place in a virtual setting on Nov. 11 2020, elected five new board members to the body by postal vote:
- Gregor Baumbusch (Michael Weinig AG, Tauberbischofsheim), who had already patricipated as a guest
- Christian Dieffenbacher (Dieffenbacher GmbH, Eppingen)
- Ove Lange (Anthon GmbH, Flensburg)
- Wolfgang Rohner (IMA Schelling Group, Lübbecke)
- Heiner Wemhöner (Wemhöner Surface Technologies GmbH Co. KG, Herford).
"I am delighted that we have been able to strengthen our board with several leading companies from the industry. This will give the board new impetus. The trade association is also on a very good path with my successor Markus Hüllmann," said Pekka Paasivaara, who is relinquishing his position as member and chairman of the board for personal reasons at the end of the year.
Other members of the board:
• Dr. Stefan Brand (Vollmer Werke GmbH, Biberach)
• Frank Diez (Ledermann GmbH & Co. KG, Horb), whose mandate was renewed by the general assembly
• Jürgen Köppel (Leitz AG, Oberkochen)
• Matthias Krauss (Mafell AG, Oberndorf)
• Olaf Rohrbeck (Robert Bürkle GmbH, Freudenstadt)
• Dr. Dieter Siempelkamp (G. Siempelkamp GmbH & Co. KG, Krefeld), honorary chairman
• Dr. Stefan Möhringer (Simon Möhringer GmbH & Co. KG, Wiesentheid)
• Peter Schaeidt (Baljer & Zembrod GmbH & Co. KG, Altshausen)
* Klaus-Jürgen Lange (Anthon GmbH, Flensburg) is resigning his mandate for reasons of age.
"We are pursuing a number of current projects that will move our industry forward. For example, the digitalisation of production in the timber industry, or international market development. The strengthened board will make us even more effective," commented Dr. Bernhard Dirr, Managing Director of the trade association, on the election of the board. "On behalf of the entire industry I would like to express my sincere thanks to Pekka Paasivaara, who headed the association for two years as chairman. And we also bid farewell to Klaus-Jürgen Lange, who was a member of the board for 32 years, with equal warmth and gratitude.”
For more information contact Mr. Jens Rohrbäch:
Lyoner Strasse 18
D-60528 FRANKFURT / Germany
Tel. +49 69 66031358 / Fax +49 69 66032358