The “Schweighofer Innoprize” 2015 to an researcher of the National Research Council CNR-Ivalsa, Trento/Italy.
The Schweighofer Prize (see www.schweighofer-prize.org ) is donated by the Austrian Schweighofer family, who has been engaged in the European woodworking industry for generations. Since 2003 the award is presented every second year, and is endowed with a total prize money of € 300,000. The Schweighofer Prize awards innovative ideas, technologies, products and services in order to strengthen the competitiveness of the European Forest Based Sector.
All natural persons or groups of individuals as well as organisations are eligible to participate. The applicants have to fulfil all conditions in form and content. The most important requirement is the obvious benefit for the European Forest Based Sector.
The Main Prize awards people who have shown outstanding performance for the European Forest Based Sector over an extended period of time. The Main Prize is endowed with € 100,000.–
- The previous achievement of the candidates has still a positive effect on the European Forest Based Sector.
- The candidates have to be proposed by any third party.
Innovations prizes are granted for promising innovative projects, which still may be in stage of implementation.
The total prize money is € 200,000 that is mostly shared between three to six prize winners.
- The projects have to show obvious and verifiable innovation compared to the current state-of-the-art
- A realistic and structured implementation concept has to be presented.
- The applied innovation has to be appropriate for a European wide (industrial) implementation.
- The submissions have to be prepared by the candidates themselves.
The prize 2015 was awarded to “The connection system X-Rad” evaluated by an international jury and recognized ad one of the most important innovation for the wood industry. The product, already in the engineering phase, was conceived by Andrea Polastri, Ivalsa Researcher, and two other Italian engineers.
For more information contact Mr Andrea Polastri:
Via Biasi 75 / 38010 San Michele all’Adige / Trento / Italy
Tel +39 0461 660257